Did you know that hearing aids are not the only treatment option for hearing difficulty?
In some cases, it is possible to rehabilitate your hearing by retraining your brain!
Consider the following scenarios, for example:
- Your in a noisy restaurant and having difficulty making out what those at your own table are saying.
- You are on the telephone and at the other end of the line is someone speaking very fast.
- You’re talking with someone who is speaking English but it’s clearly a second language for them (accent).
There is help.
Elkhart Audiology Rehab offers a choice of special services known as
- LACE for Listening and Communications Enhancement
- clEAR for customized learning: Exercises for Aural Rehabilitation
Conceived by leading audiologists at the University of California at San Francisco and implemented by silicon valley software veterans, Neurotone, LACE® Auditory Training programs retrain the brain to comprehend speech up to 40% better in difficult listening situations.
Just as physical therapy can help rebuild muscles and adjust movements to compensate for physical weakness or injury, LACE will help you develop skills and strategies to deal with situations when hearing is inadequate. Whether you wear hearing aids, are just acquiring aids, or simply wish to improve your listening skills, LACE training will help you get the most out of the sounds of life.
Developed by Dr. Nancy Tye-Murray, a Professor of Washington University (St; Louis), clEAR teaches hearing-loss patients to recognize speech and to improve hearing amidst noise, doing so in a way that is engaging, entertaining, and affordable.
Instead of the repetitive hearing exercises found in other auditory training programs, the clEAR™ program is unique in that it provides auditory training in an entertaining, game-like format. These games include a slot machine, concentration cards, and a game mimicking the popular smartphone app, Candy Crush.
Want to know more?
Call Sharon at: (574) 262-3277 for your FREE consultation.