Insurance & Financing
Insurance for Hearing Health
Most standard health insurance plans, including those offered by employers, do not cover hearing health. Be sure to check with your health insurance provider or plan to see if you might be one of the lucky few. Even if so, keep in mind that these benefits expire at the end of each year.
If you do have such coverage and Elkhart Audiology Rehab is identified a preferred provider for your plan, we can bill your insurance directly for your costs.
When you do NOT have hearing health covered in your plan, there are other options. For example, your employer may provide a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA). Funds from these accounts can pay costs related to your hearing health. These funds come out of your pocket but are placed into the account tax-free. It’s a great way to pay for things not covered in your plan. You should judiciously consider such potential expenditures as you prepare for paycheck deductions for the following year.
You might also be wondering about Medicare Insurance. According to Medicare.gov:
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers diagnostic hearing and balance exams if your doctor or other health care provider orders these tests to see if you need medical treatment. Medicare doesn’t cover hearing exams, hearing aids, or exams for fitting hearing aids.
In other words, routine hearing exams are not covered by Medicare unless they are ordered for some diagnostic purpose related to other aspects of your health. And, hearing aids are not covered by Medicare but could be covered by certain supplementary plans.
In today’s market of very high healthcare costs, numerous financial institutions have realized a market need for financing options. In essence, these represent loans or credit accounts that can be paid over time.
Alternatively, Deb and Sharon can provide direction on a 12-month no-interest financing option available with approved credit.
Budget-Friendly Hearing Aid Lease Program
High-tech hearing aids that allow you to enjoy a connected, independent lifestyle cost anywhere from $4,000 – $8,000. With our hearing aid lease program, this lifestyle becomes more attainable and finance-friendly.The hearing subscription service works like other tv or music subscription programs you’re used to.
Hearing Aid Subscription Details
- Subscription Duration: When you sign up, you’re part of a 48-month leasing program that connects you with a set of new, top-quality hearing aids for a low, fixed monthly payment.
- Monthly Payments: Payments are between $129-$179 based on the subscription level of your choice.
- Provider Info: Our hearing aid subscription program is offered through Allegro Credit, a trusted provider who matches our expectations of quality in products and service.
Benefits of the Hearing Aid Lease Program
- Easy Budgeting – Plan for the predictable, monthly payments that are easy on your bank account instead of dealing with making a large payment all at once.
- Flexibility – Our hearing subscription plan is versatile, offering you five levels of service — Essentials, Essentials Plus, Trademark, Premium and Premium Plus. Set up an appointment for a hearing evaluation to learn about what each level can do for you.
- Ongoing Care – Receive personalized, ongoing care that includes batteries, hearing aid service appointments, a free upgrade to newly released models at 36 months, and a 4-year warranty on your hearing aids.
If you have questions about the hearing subscription program, or want to get started by scheduling your hearing evaluation, give us a call at 574-262-3277. We look forward to hearing from you!