March 20, 2020
Re: Hearing Services and Coronavirus
Dear EAR family members,
To reduce the potential spread of the virus, we are making changes to our availability and may contact you by phone to reschedule your appointment time. Out purpose is to space clients in need of service out during the day and limit social contact for the next 2 – 4 weeks.
- We will not be completing otoscopic evaluations or cerumen removal at this time.
- Most appointments at our office are not “urgent” in nature but if you have a broken device or an immediate problem, please call ahead for a time devoted to your concerns. I will meet you in the parking lot to get your device(s) and advise you of the outcome once they have been evaluated.
- Anyone can drop off an aid(s) or pick it up for you. You should consider this especially if you are over 60 years of age or have a known chronic respiratory disease. It is still necessary to call head for a time. Please include a piece of paper with your name, phone number and list of any concerns. We will call you when it is ready for pick up and deliver it back curbside. Batteries and wax guards can be delivered curbside or mailed at no additional charge.
- We are following CDC guidelines for hand washing, use of hand sanitizers, wearing gloves and wiping down surfaces using disinfecting wipes.
- We request you do not come to our office without and appointment as we are NOT following our regular business hours. The entrance will be locked, and we will not open the door if we do not have an appointment scheduled.
- Please check out our Facebook page or our website under the Audiology Blog tab for updates to this plan as the situation seems to be changing daily. If in doubt, please give us a call and we can determine how we might best assist you. There will not be handshakes or hugs until we are notified it is safe to do so. . . We wish you good physical and mental health as we follow precautions and still provide you the best in hearing care.
Sharon Hirstein, Stefanie and Deb